The optical design employs both aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements, which help to reduce a variety of aberrations, color fringing, and distortion in order to achieve high sharpness and clarity. A Super EBC coating is used, too, to reduce flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy in bright and backlit conditions. A rounded eleven-blade diaphragm delivers smooth and pleasant out of focus highlights. This all-metal lens uses nine rubber seals to keep it protected from dust and moisture, while also maintaining full functionality in temperatures as low as 14°F. The fluorine-coated front element, meanwhile, is designed to repel water, fingerprints, and other marks to help keep image quality high when the weather turns against you.>
- Prime portrait-length lens is designed for APS-C-format Fujifilm X-mount mirrorless cameras and provides an 85mm equivalent focal length.
- Produces high resolution, aberration-free results packed with detail and color. Ideal for portraits, weddings, and any other creative applications demanding precise control over depth-of-field, the XF 56mm f/1.2 R WR delivers incredible image-resolving performance down to its minimum focusing distance of 1.6′, making it an ideal portrait lens, but also suitable for other applications within table-top, product, and commercial photography.
- Its optical construction comprises 13 elements in eight groups, including one ED and two aspherical elements. The eight elements used in the focusing group take high-refractive technology from FUJINON Cinema Lenses to minimize chromatic, spherical, and comatic aberrations. This helps minimize light bleed within highlights, boosting image quality and subject detail in the process.
- Especially bright f/1.2 maximum aperture excels in low-light conditions and offers notable control over depth of field for using selective focus techniques.
- Super EBC coating has been applied to individual elements to reduce lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Rounded eleven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality to benefit the use of selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.