The EZ Sensor Cleaning Kit PLUS with Smear Away, 5 Green 1.0x Vswabs and Sensor Brush from Visible Dust contains a 1.15ml bottle of Smear Away liquid cleaner, 5 green 1.0x Vswabs and one sensor brush. Smear Away is designed to clean the hardest lubricant or oil stains. It removes the smear on the first swipe and has strong anti-fog and anti-static capabilities. An anti-scratch component prevents contaminants from scratching the sensor while cleaning. This very strong liquid cleaner removes pollen and the toughest sensor stains, it is non-flammable and non-alcoholic.
The Vswabs V-shape design allows for ease of maneuverability within the camera chamber and corner to corner sensor cleaning. Its multi-fabric design provides best results for oil and smear removal and its soft texture is safe on coated sensors. The 1.0x Vswab is compatible with sensors up to 24mm. The Sensor Brush wipes away light dust from the sensor and with Super Charged Fibers (SCF) draws the dust away from the sensor and onto the bristles.
- Removes smear on first swipe
- Very strong lubricant and oil remover for the toughest stains
- Anti-scratch component prevents contaminants from scratching the sensor while cleaning
- Non-flammable and non-alcoholic
- V-shape design allows for ease of maneuverability within the camera chamber
- V-shape design reaches the corners of sensors
- Multi-fabric design provides best results for oil and smear removal
- Multi-fabric texture is safe on coated sensors
- Super Charged Fibers (SCF) draws the dust away from the sensor and onto the bristles.
- The VisibleDust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please do not use alternative solutions with this swab. A simple grain of quartz which is found in cheaper solutions is enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. These solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
- VisibleDust solutions are calibrated for normal evaporative rates:
To keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratches
To increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
To reduce friction by being moist all times during swabbing
- The potential risk of fast evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning is the following:
An increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using premature dry swab
A great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
An increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
- These cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand for fast evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.