Overview of the 20-40mm F/2.8 Di III VXD (Model A062) features
The 20-40mm F2.8, TAMRON’s latest innovation, is an unparalleled new fast-aperture standard zoom lens that can be easily carried around for everyday shooting for both still images and video. Designed for Sony E-mount full-frame mirrorless cameras, the lens was created in aggressive pursuit of portability that is ideal for everyday use. Starting from 20mm at the ultra wide-angle end and covering up to 40mm in the standard focal range, it is the smallest and lightest in its class. The 20-40mm F2.8 delivers beautiful images across the entire zoom range and is great for still photography and for creating vlogs and other video content. The lens incorporates TAMRON’s VXD (Voice-coil eXtreme-torque Drive), an AF drive system using a linear motor focus mechanism. The VXD boasts superior quietness and agile performance and achieves high-speed and high-precision autofocus. With an MOD (Minimum Object Distance) of just 6.7” and maximum magnification ratio 1:3.8 at the wide end, the lens provides exceptional close-range shooting capability, offering the added feature of wide macro photography.
1. Fast F2.8 aperture, compact size and exceptionally versatile 20-40mm zoom range
The 20-40mm F2.8 is TAMRON’s innovative creation of a new standard zoom lens, born from the unbridled desire to produce a compact size that can be carried around easily. It delivers a fast F2.8 aperture across the entire zoom range from 20mm to 40mm and achieves a class-leading compact and lightweight design at just 3.4” and 12.9 oz. At the longest zoom end, the lens offers a standard focal range of 40mm, handy for everyday shooting of snaps, portraits, and food photos. Meanwhile at the wide end, the ultra-wide 20mm focal length lets users enjoy a broad range of photography including stunning and powerful natural landscapes that make use of the unique ultra wide-angle perspective, something that cannot be expressed as readily with a fast-aperture standard zoom lens that starts at 24mm.
2. Fabulous family videos, vlogs, and other online content
The compact and lightweight 20-40mm F2.8 offers excellent handling that is well balanced even when accessories like camera grips or gimbal stabilizers are attached. With this single lens, you won’t miss a shot, from street videography to vast landscapes during travel and selfies that include wide backgrounds.
3. High image quality in a compact, lightweight body
4. TAMRON’s VXD linear motor for high-level AF speed and precision
5. Wide macro shooting: 6.7” MOD and maximum magnification ratio of 1:3.8 at the wide end
6. Rapid zooming (Zoom ring rotation arc is just 65°)
7. TAMRON Lens Utility™ software for Focus Ring Function Setting and firmware updates
8. New design with improved texture and scratch resistance
9. Ø67mm filter size, same as most other TAMRON lenses for mirrorless cameras
10. User-friendly features (Moisture-Resistant Construction and Fluorine Coating)
11. Compatible with many camera-specific features and functions, including Fast Hybrid AF and Eye AF
* Specifications, appearance, functionality, etc., are subject to change without prior notice.
To learn more about the fast-aperture standard zoom starting at 20mm ＞
Tamron provides a wide range of original optical products, from interchangeable lenses for digital cameras to various optical devices for both the general consumer and OEM. We make optical products that contribute to a range of different industries and will continue to devote its rich creativity and leading-edge technical prowess to various industrial fields. Furthermore, Tamron is fully aware of its responsibility to the environment and aspires to help preserve the natural environment in all its business activities.
Optical Product Line-up:
Interchangeable lenses for Mirrorless and DSLR cameras, Surveillance camera lenses, FA and Machine vision lenses, Video conference lenses, Camera modules, Automotive lenses, Digital still camera lenses, Camcorder lenses, Drone lenses, and Lenses for medical applications